Happy Tuesday! J
I have made some incredible dinners this week and just cannot keep it to myself
anymore! This post is going to be a 2 parter, because I have a couple of
different recipes that I want to share with you. I’m going to do this a little
backwards and share tonight’s first (Because I just ate it and my tummy says “SHARE
THIS!”) and then later this week I will post Sunday’s deliciousness. This week has been oddly full of “pasta” for
my household. It started off with an out of this world eggplant lasagna, then
we had some spaghetti, zucchini, and meat sauce Monday, and tonight we topped
it off with eggplant zucchini parmesan.
I’m not complaining though, I’d eat pasta everyday if it were up to me!
Tonight’s dinner started out with
trying to figure out what to do with the left over eggplant that we didn’t use
for the lasagna Sunday. I instantly thought of frying it up and making eggplant
parmesan, but I try to stay away from real pasta as best as I can. We already
had real pasta this week, and I didn’t have a spaghetti squash (my typical
go-to) handy so I had to get creative. I saw a post on Pintrest a while back
about using zucchini as pasta and thought I’d give it a-go.
I put
the boyfriend in charge of peeling, cutting, and frying the eggplant, while I
took a veggie peeler and turned my zucchini into pasta. Once I had my zucchini pastafied I tossed it
into a skillet with a tiny bit of chopped garlic and let it heat it. Since we
had some leftover meat sauce from last night we didn’t have to make anything
new. The sauce was a simple mixture of ground deer and an off-brand spaghetti
sauce.
This
meal was so simple and easy to make, and have I mentioned it was
delicious? I darn near just inhaled mine. Another
perk of this recipe? It’s very cost efficient as well, while still being so
very good for you! I hope you enjoy it
as much as I did!
Ingredients:
2 zucchini
1 Eggplant
2 Eggs
1 Garlic clove
1 Cup Bread crumbs
Sauce of choice
EVOO
Directions:
Peel and slice eggplant. I suggest tossing with a bit of
salt, it helps get some of the water out and keeps your eggplant from being
soggy.
Heat some EVOO (Extra virgin Olive Oil) on a skillet until
hot.
Dip your eggplant slices into the egg, then into the bread
crumbs, drop onto the hot skillet. Cook these until they are golden brown on
each side.
Slice very thin strips of the Zucchini and place in a
skillet on medium heat, along with finely chopped garlic.
Cook the zucchini until it is soft and warm.

No comments:
Post a Comment